Now hiring A Legal services director
The mission of the Commons Law Center, a non-profit law firm, is to revolutionize access to legal services for underserved people to make communities, families, and individuals stronger. America’s middle class has been shrinking for half a century. Basic legal services can be a guardrail to protect people from falling into social safety nets, or a rope to help them climb. Access to legal help can maintain and build security for low- and moderate-income people.
The Commons provides sliding-scale legal services to income-qualified people in a number of legal areas and are actively looking to expand our offerings. Our innovative model pairs new lawyers with experienced pro bono supervisors, who offer training and supervision.
The Commons is powered by volunteers: paralegal interns, law student externs, pro bono supervisors, board and advisory board members, and more. We’re currently building curriculum committees to develop educational presentations, workshops, and trainings.
We seek a Legal Services Director to join our growing team.
This position will be rewarding for you if:
- Compassion and collaboration are core values;
- Mentoring new lawyers makes your heart sing;
- You effectively manage many things at once, including people, legal matters, and incoming calls and emails;
- You embrace learning new processes, technologies, and approaches to solve problems; and
- Your circumstances permit you to prioritize meaning over money - whether it is staying active in retirement or ramping up after taking a break from the profession.
Requirements include: 10+ years of legal practice experience; good references from former assistants and staff; experience in one or more of family, estate planning, nonprofit, probate, or business law. Y nos encantaría si hablas español.
What’s in it for you?
- Feel good about creating a resource you always wished existed;
- Enjoy a great work environment with Willamette River views and smart, committed, and fun people;
- Serve as a valued mentor to emerging legal professionals;
- Build a new way of providing legal services, from the ground-up; and
- Earn performance-driven compensation based on fees collected.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and three references by email to email@example.com with the subject line “Legal Service Director.” Applications reviewed on a rolling basis. Afternoon calls to 503-850-0811 are welcome. Please share this posting with Oregon lawyers who might like to join the team. Thank you!